07 May 2010

Nothing to Fear but Tears Themselves...

one thing i've always hated is crying. i learned at a young age that tears wreaked of weakness. it gave others power...and well, i hate when others have power over me. i realize that's not exactly a christian mindset, but it's the truth. and i hate them...i hate breaking down, and i hate the feelings it brings crashing back.

I. Hate. Crying.

and yet i've been fighting off this feeling...an almost impending urge to cry. i don't know why. i couldn't begin to tell you what it is. i'm not sad, at least i don't think i am. but it pricks at my nose & my eyes begin to water and i fight it. i fight every second of it. refusing to let the tears build more than they have. refusing to give in, refusing to transfer control. and i'll continue to do it. to fight. to not cry...

1 comment:

Stay-C said...

I cried at the dentist this other day.. I held it until they all left the room but then i had a few weepy tears :)