02 July 2009

Therapeutic...

You know how certain songs can so sharply bring back a memory, a feeling, or even a scent? So violently snatching you from the present & taking you down a road to memories you thought you'd forgotten? The musical passage that lulls you into feelings you've disregarded for so long...that's what music does for me. Really, ask anyone, my most prized possession is not my car, or house, not a piece of jewelry...it's music. My collection of memories both good and bad...my therapy for life. My life is lived out through music. One can see where I've been, what i felt, what I've gone through...within my collection of records.
sometimes, like today i just like to reminisce...
today's soundtrack...

No Other Way - Jack Johnson
Funny the Way It Is - DMB
Worlds Apart - Jars of Clay
Real - Plumb
Birds - Kate Nash
Acoustic #10 - Goo Goo Dolls
Open Road Song - Eve 6
You Could Be Happy - Snow Patrol
Make This Go On Forever - Snow Patrol
Set the Fire to the Third Bar - Snow Patrol
Faith Enough - Jars of Clay
Catalyst - Anna Nalick
Much - Ten Shekel Shirt
Life Less Ordinary - Carbon Leaf
Round Here - Counting Crows
Your Winter - Sister Hazel
Jealous Kind - Jars of Clay
Ready for a Fall - PJ Olsson
Losing Grip - Avril Lavigne
The Road I'm On - 3 Doors Down
The Way I Am - Ingrid Michaelson
Do You Remember - Jack Johnson
Young Pilgrims - The Shins
Hundred - The Fray
When You Come Back Down - Nickel Creek
House of Memories - Ten Shekel Shirt

1 comment:

Nan said...

Hey girl,
I just found your blog. Where have I been?? You are always in my prayers, and I love you and Emily as if you were my daughters. You have a gift for writng and putting into words what so many of us feel.
Music is very therapeutic and songs can stir up all kinds of emotions!!
You and Emily need to publish your writings.