07 April 2009

what if i suck...

so i've been honored...asked to write one of the hardest things of my life. i'm writing a reference letter for a couple that i consider some of my best friends. i've already composed 7 different drafts. i'm not happy with one of them. it's not because i'm struggling to find things to say about this couple...it's that i have too much to say. i feel like i'm not being concise enough. i'm sitting here crying because i have so many good things to say about these people. how they've been there for me every step of the way since i've moved to this place. they unknowingly stepped into an empty part of my life filling in for my friends and family that, due to distance, can't be there for me in the ways this couple can. i have learned from them. lessons i may not have wanted to learn, but they so patiently taught me anyway. i'm so excited that they are on their way to becoming parents. it's so much more emotional than i had ever thought it would be. i can't help but thinking, if i'm this excited & this emotional about my close-as-family family getting their own child, i can't even imagine the emotions that are going to ransack my mind & body when my family offers me the title of Aunt as well. y'all, seriously, i'm NOT a crier...but i've been sitting here crying for the past 1/2 hour trying to put all these good things into a concise, professional, fun letter to let others know what great hands this kid will be placed in. i think i'm a bit nervous at letting them down. i know i'm over analyzing this, i know that, but i want this to be a perfect reflection of what perfect parents i know they will be. ok, seriously, i'm wiping up the blubbering & heading to bed...'night...

2 comments:

Stay-C said...

I'm sure whatever you write is going to be perfect b/c you are a very prolific writer and always write from your soul :) You will do fine!!!! :) :)

Emily Raney said...

Any baby would be so lucky to call you "aunt"!!! I know you are going to do a great job with the letter...if I thought you would disappoint us, I would not have asked you. You are such an awesome friend and sister. You have got to stop writing these blogs that make me cry!! Thanks for everything you have done to support us. I couldn't do this without you! I can't wait til it's your turn!


Wv: ultrodis - a really bad insult. . Used in a sentance: Did you hear that ultrodis chandler gave joey? Talk about a burn!