28 April 2009

That's it, get out!

i can't tell you how many times i heard that very phrase as a kid. and believe you me my mom definitley followed through! there were many a time, i was left on the side of the road, sometimes with siblings, sometimes without. granted...it was a bit scary, but it obviously didn't traumatize me. if anything it made me BELIEVE my mama meant what she said.
so today i read this story about a New York mom, Madlyn Primoff that was arrested for kicking her girls, age 10 &12 out of the car because they wouldn't stop fighting. she pulled over, put the kids out, & she and the grandmother drove around the block. when she got back, the girls were gone. (here is where our stories start to differ, MY mom would have kicked some serious tail if we'd dared to move). anyway, she finds the eldest child, but can't find the youngest (again, butt whoopin for leaving the sibling). turns out the youngest kid was "found" by a passerby that bought her icecream then waved down a cop. umm, REALLY?!?
#1. why did the kid talk to the stranger???
#2. why did the child GO ANYWHERE with the stranger??
#3. why did the stranger take the kid for ice cream? (sketch)
#4. why did the kid accept the ice cream???
i mean, really that's grounds for SO many spankings, lectures, & groundation it's ridiculous!
anyway so Madlyn calls 911 to report her (dumb) kid missing, the cops are all, oh, she's here. when she goes to pick up the kid she's tossed in jail overnight for Child Endangerment, WHAT?!?
i know, i know, a lot could happen while she drove around the block, blah, blah, blah. but speaking from experience, a lot can happen when you walk to your friends house down the street, when you spend the night at a friends house, when you go to school, when you ride the bus, the list goes ON. i give the mom (Madlyn) props for following through on her threat instead of making empty threats so that her kids grow up to be holy terrors. i'm sure many of you will disagree with me on this, and that's ok. you're entitledto your opinion. i would never do this to someone elses kid...that's not my place. but dude, my mom did it and we turned out ok. i mean obviously the place of deposit has to be taken into thought but really people, jail?

2 comments:

Stay-C said...

Dude my mom left me at camp. I was whining about which vehicle I was going to ride in, so I sat down on the sidewalk with my teddy bear and my mom was like get up or we are leaving you. I obviously wasn't getting up so she left. Two vans full of girl scouts peaced out and left me. I was there for a good hour before they came back. I even walked down the dirt road as far as I could before I start freaking out and went back to where she left me. I was crying and mad as hell when they came back but I never did it again.

Keith McGee said...

I never had this done to me, but many time my dad pulled over and pulled me and my sister out of the car and spanked us right there. We didn't even make it out of the driveway one time.
My dad tells a story about how he kicked his sister out of the car when he was in High School. She was aggravating him about his driving. He told her to get out. She got out and he drove off. She didn't think he would. Well he dropped her off in a "bad part of town". He drove around the block and when he got back to where he dropped her off she was being chased around a building by a man. HAHA My dad cracks up every time he tells this story. If you knew my aunt you would think it was funny. She never said anything about his driving after that...
This is the same aunt that he punched in the face and gave her a black eye because she keep screaming and saying that my dad was hitting her when he wasn’t and he keep getting spankings when he didn’t touch her. The next time she did it he hauled off an punched her in the face, and said “well if I’m going to get a spanking I’m going to do something to get that spanking.”